JUICING. A SIMPLE WAY TO A HEALTHIER YOU
Juicing... I hear you sigh...
It is perceived very messy and a pain in the rear to clean up. Trust me, I hear you. But read on - I may just change your mind.
JUICING is not just for cleansing. Instead, it can be viewed as one of the key elements of “food as medicine”. As a wonderful friend of mine, Anna Maria Aliano from the Gerson Institute quotes:
“What you eat or drink today becomes your cells of tomorrow, healthy cells become healthy organs which then become a healthy Body”.
You feed your body with right nutrients and you feel so much better on the long run. With juicing, you can get nutrition to your cells the fastest possible way. Minimal digesting, no delays. It is instantly absorbed, feeding your thirsty cells with what they need.
Skeptics may laugh, others will claim it’s horrible and that's all fine. For those of you who make juicing a key part of your diet, you will feel so much better and you won’t care what the skeptics say. You are doing the best you can for your own health - and that's priceless!
Juicing is not about dieting for me, it is part of my daily life. It is a PRIORITY. Checking Facebook, reading news or tidying up is not as important - those can wait, but my health cannot. I FEEL THE GOODNESS in every sip and it shows.
To get the most out of juicing, here are a few thoughts:
1. Cold press juicers will give you the highest quality juices. I have a little Omega and it cleans super easy too - opposed to all centrifugal juicers that will put anyone off juicing with their mess. I’m in love with my Omega.
2. Drink juice in the morning on an empty stomach, so your body can absorb all the nutrients immediately. Since digestion starts in the mouth, drink it slow and “chew” it - and don’t brush teeth straight away.
3. Put 80% veggies in your juice and 20% fruit, so there is no need to worry about the sugar load. It will be a delicious wake-up call for your body - and perhaps will reduce the unnecessary amount of caffeine instead… (no, you don’t have to give up your daily cup of joe)
4. Try to juice organic produce, so you can flood your system with real nutrition without all the pesticides.
5. ... and no, bottled, pasteurized juice will just not do anything. It’s practically dead and full of sugar.
JUICING in itself is not the answer to everything, but it will jumpstart you to a healthier state if you do it right! Wonderful ingredients are ginger, citrus, cilantro, parsley, green apple, cucumber, celery or carrots. They help your liver to heal and get rid of mucus from your body, plaque from arteries, heavy metals and even parasites.
I cannot imagine a more delicious way to stay healthy and strong. Can you?
Wishing you the best of health,
Certified Holistic Health Coach